1. Loosing weight: 400g. I’ve lost 400g from 8th January to 15th January (when I weighted myself), while eating in average 1946 calories and doing 7 workouts of P90X3. I’m very happy with the result and still working hard to loose a little extra weight.
2. Leather-look sofas. This week, while we were window shopping, we found some lovely sofas made from textile that looks like leather at Harveys.
I mentioned before that I don’t wear/use real leather things, so we thought a leather sofa is out of the question. I’ve seen some sofas that were not from real leather and looked ok-ish, but the fabric didn’t have the softness of the real thing. Anyway, at Harveys we found what we were looking for. At the moment the budget is still tight, we only bought the house a couple of months ago. But I hope that by the end of the year we’ll change the sofa.
3. The small animal show. Only by chance I stumbled across this event in Yorkshire while I was searching on google: The small animal show. Luckily it’s next weekend, so we’ll be able to attend. It’s a very busy period for us, but spending a few hours with thousands of Chinchillas, Hamsters, Mice, Gerbils, Rabbits and Rats is too good to miss. We’ll buy thickets from the entrance, as I don’t think there is enough time to receive them if I order them online. I hope there will be a petting corner and I tend to believe that hubby would want to pet some rabbits too (he is not a huge fan of rodents).
Also, this means that we’ll be in Harrogate… where is Bettys! I go to Bettys every time I am in Harrogate (5 times so far… it’s like a new tradition, isn’t it? ). Most likely we’ll get something to take home, as I want to spend as much time as I can at the event.
4. Scrabble. I love scrabble and have some board games that we play from time to time. We’ll need a dictionary to use as an inspiration as only huge words come in my mind… and I don’t have where to place them or enough letters on my board to construct them.
5. Snowdrops. I have snowdrops in my planters. I bought two years ago bulbs of snowdrops, hyacinth and tulips and they flowered nicely last year. Moving meant that I have no idea which bulbs are in which planter. So, the plan is to leave them to bloom, mark the planters, so I can dig up the bulbs and replant them on the edge of the front lawn (if we’ll have a front lawn this year).
6. Long walk with hubby. Thursday we went on a long walk, just the two of us. We usually go on walks with the dog, but being alone is different and not only because we don’t have to look everywhere to spot cats or squirrels before the dog does :)) It was nice because we talked about other stuffs than the dog/plans with the company. Maybe it sounds strange that we want to talk more… considering that we both work from home and we spend almost all the time together.
7. Cooking. One of the greatest things abut working from home is that I can cook a lot without having to actually spend a lot of time in the evenings. It took only 10 minutes to prepare the squashes and put them in the oven. I bake a lot during the week, it’s so easy to have food ready in minutes.