This week we’ve been involved in a little bit of DIY. The garden gate was in need of some TLC, as it was rusty. I thought it’s easier to change the gate, but I like the iron gate. Also, getting a new one would have been so much hassle. In less than 4 hours we’ve restored the old one.
First of all, hubby had to clean all the rust from the gate.
This is the gate, fully painted. As it was sunny, in 30 minutes the paint was dry.
After the gate was completely dry we’ve fixed the bamboo screening to add a little more privacy. We’ll fix a similar screening on the other gate, that is in front of the house.
I’m very happy with the end result.