This weekend was my birthday, a time to think of how many things I’ve done so far and also a good reason to make a bucket list with things I want to do. As I saw a few of this type of lists, I wanted one: 40 before 40. I will have 7 years to finish the list.
After carefully considerations, this is my list:
Run in a 5k race in under 40 min. I did at Women’s Running Race Series 2017, 5k in 37 minutes.
Complete an yearly book challenge. 52 Books in 2017.
3. Go on a long hike, of at least 10 miles.
Grow edible flowers. I did, I’ve grown pansies and borage.
5. Learn how to use my camera better (this will mean less work for hubby).
Volunteer to an event or with a charity. I’ve started volunteering in August at a stately home, then I’ve participated in Victorian Christmas.
Try a new sport. Well, axe throwing is a sport. I’ve been rubbish at it, but the idea was to try something new, not necessarily to be good at it.
8. Read 3 classic books I don’t actually want to read.
Buy a caravan or at least make a trip with a rented caravan. Done. We bought a caravan.
10. Feed a wild animal (at a Safari park/zoo).
12. Visit 10 new cities/towns in
England, 10 in Wales and 10 in Scotland.
2. Keswick: Osprey & Puzzling Place
4. Carlisle. A couple of times in the city and we saw Carlisle Castle
9. St Albans
10. Middlesborough & Tees Transporter Bridge
1. Edinburgh. A few more places near Edinburgh, but didn’t stay too long in a city/town to consider visiting them.
Improve my Photoshop skills. Done.
Do something I’m scared of. I did, I went on the Treetop walkway at Kew Gardens, it was very scary for me.
15. Take a narrowboat day-trip or a short holiday.
16. Keep a Good Things jar for at least 2 years.
17. Have a meal in a Michelin-starred restaurant.
19. Renew my wedding vows.
20. Go puffin watching.
Go 24 hours without technology. I did use the GPS and the camera, but I’ve avoided all other types of technology.
22. Do a pub trail.
23. Attend a murder mystery dinner.
Complete a 30 days working out challenge without missing a day. Done. I did a 30 days push-ups challenge. I also did a smoothie challenge, started with 30 days, but it’s still going on after 90.
25. Try to learn to ride the bike.
26. Go to the Ferrari museum.
Buy a collectible with Michael Schumacher. – Hubby bought the 1998 car for me for Christmas. It was exactly the collectible I was thinking of, as it was the first year I watched the F1 races and became a Michael Schumacher fan.
28. Go to a F1 GP.
29. Make my own cheese (I have a kit for halloumi, but didn’t use it).
Complete a 365 day photo challenge. I did, in 2016.
Be vegan for a week. See how it went.
32. Go to Northern Ireland for a Game of Thrones trail.
33. Do an unassisted pull up.
Do more than 200 push-ups in a workout (now I can do more than 100). On 1st June 2016 I did 200 push-ups in 11 minutes and 1 second.
35. Stay for a night in a castle.
36. Go on a road trip of at least a thousand miles (hubby drives, so it’s like cheating for this one).
37. Spend a new year celebration in Edinburgh at Hogmanay.
38. Kayak on the rivers.
39. Go horseback riding.
Buy a membership somewhere. On and off, we’ve been members of: National Trust, English Heritage, and Art Fund.
Some of them I made them before, like volunteering and horseback riding. I wanted to make a 40 before 40 list that is reasonable and realistic.