It’s been a short while from my last update, but I have a few things I wanted to share.
1. Waking up in the morning and hearing the birds singing. I get up early, as I usually do in spring-summer and I can hear the birds singing, it’s a lovely way to start the day.
2. Barnowl. 4 years ago I saw someone handling birds of prey in Liverpool and for a couple of pounds, I was able to hold that owl while the handler told us about it. I did it a few times in different locations and again last Friday, when we were in the centre for LightNight. It’ a special feeling to hold the little bird and hear details about his life.
3. Verstappen won his first F1 race. The Spanish GP was amazing. After Hamilton managed to take him and Rosberg out in the first lap, the next 65 were a battle between Ferrari and Red Bull. It had plenty of excitement with the last 22 laps seeing Raikkonen chasing Verstappen at less than 1 second, with Vettel and Ricciardo behind them in a battle of their own. Ricciardo had a puncture in the last lap, but finished in 4th after a Tyre change.
Nobody was expecting the 18 year old driver to win. Verstappen was incredible, he was able to keep his position even though Raikkonen pushed every single lap. In recent years we saw more experienced drivers like Hamilton and Rosberg making mistakes under pressure, but Verstappen was amazing. I was thinking during the race that if he is passed by Raikkonen is still remarkable what he did. He will be a phenomenal driver. I think he learned a lot last year at Torro Rosso, not only about driving, but about politics too. The first thing he did when he got out of the car was to shake hands with Helmut Marko, head of Red Bull’s driver development program and the one who wanted him promoted to Red Bull.
It proved that the decision to move Verstappen to Red Bull and Kvyat at Torro Rosso was the right one. While I think Kvyat is a great driver, his performance wasn’t as good, overtaking under safety car is not the best way forward. Also, I don’t think he could have held Raikkonen, a world champion, for such a long time without a mistake. I was puzzled to read comments that said Kvyat was able to do the same… well, it was obvious he wasn’t able to do that, as he had plenty of time. Also, the guys from Red Bull said they analysed the data from the simulators and the races before deciding to do the switch. It wasn’t just because Kvyat managed to hit Vettel 3 times in 2 races while compromising his and his teammate’s car.
I have to admit the Mercedes guys helped to make an amazing race. It also showed what is lacking from F1 at the moment, a real battle at the front of the pack.
4. Reading an old journal. I started a journal 6 years ago to keep a record of my loosing weight progress, but I soon talked about other things. Now I’m reading it and I discover how much I’ve changed in the last few years. It’s a shame I didn’t know back then what I know now, but without those experiences, I wouldn’t have become as I am today.
5. I’m ready for a change. I mentioned in Sassoon Salon blogger event that I’m going to get a hair cut and a new colour for my hair. I can’t wait for the day of the appointment to arrive and to do it. It’s exciting and a little scary at the same time.
I have a couple of posts planned for the rest of the month. I will try a couple of new things next week and I can’t wait to talk about them on my blog.
I hope you have an amazing week.