I can’t comment on today’s result at the US election. I don’t discuss politics on blog in general because the debates are too heated and my approach is slightly different when it comes to pick the one I’m supporting/voting. I’m surprised about the outcome and that’s pretty much what I’m going to say on this matter.
That being said, now I can blog about my good things and plans.
I mentioned in my last Good things post that we’ve celebrated our 14th anniversary of the day we’ve met. We’ve also celebrated last month the 14th anniversary of our first date.
2. Celebratory dessert. We’ve prepared these desserts in the caravan with shop-bought meringues and cranberry curd and whipped cream. I will have to get a hand mixer for the caravan, whipping the cream by hand takes ages. We both loved the dessert, it was yummy.
3. Celebratory drinks. Champagne and (plastic) flutes are a must for an anniversary. I mentioned the Champagne flutes in my post about caravanning. The bloody hands in the background were a decoration for Halloween. Our anniversary is a couple of days before Halloween.
4. Baking for Christmas. I am thinking to make a series on my food blog. After baking the Bake off, I need a little bit of structure and plans for future bakes. I am looking at different desserts that are made traditionally for Christmas in Europe. I imagine it will be fun to learn more about that.
5. My birthday. Next week it’s my birthday. At the moment I’m not sure what I’m going to do to celebrate it. We will be in London and I’ll take the day off. I will think these days at a plan for the day.
6. Trip to London. This weekend I’m going to London for a few days. It’s again a mixture of work and leisure. It’s very exciting, I can see new places, I will celebrate my birthday, as I said and the work part should be amazing and inspirational.
7. New ingredients. I went to the Chinese supermarket and the International market and I got lots of new ingredients, some of them I’ve already used. I made Winter Melon Curry.
8. Christmas fair. Tomorrow I’m going to the first Christmas fair this year. I can’t wait to see what’s on offer. I will blog about it as it’s a big fair at the NEC in Birmingham. At the last fair I’ve been to I found some great presents.
9. Masterchef professionals. The new series of Masterchef professionals started. I love it even thought there aren’t many vegetarian dishes, I always get inspired by the sauces and techniques.
10. Festus. He makes funny things every single day. He is snoring loudly, moving in his sleep, he is playful and loving. I love how he climbs down the stairs to have a drink at night and misses the last step because he is sleepy. He also believes he should be rewarded when he barks at the courier/postie as he does his job of guarding.