I achieved all my goals in 2015. In fact I achieved them a couple of months ago. So, this is the recap.
1. Keep the Good Things Jar. I want to fill a jar with notes of small good things that happened, things that I’ll forget in a few months and I’ll put them in the jar. At the end of the year, I’m going to read them. It’s not my first jar, but I hope will be better than last one. I usually forget to add the notes.
Done. This is the jar, although it’s not exactly as filled as I would have liked, but it’s a big jar and it happened that I forgot to write some notes.
2. Good things. I want to start a weekly post on my blog, entitled: Good things this week. I read a few similar posts on other blogs and it sounds great to be able to remember small good things after a long period, especially when it’s very likely that I would forget them. It will be like an online version of Good Things Jar. I don’t want to feel like I’ve set a target, 5 or 10, because I would feel I have to reach that number. This will help me remember the good stuff even if I forget to put notes in the good things jar.
Done. I managed to write 28 posts. This means 2+ per month. It wasn’t realistic to write weekly for a lot of reasons. So, for next year, I’ll continue with the series, but without any targets.
3. Run in a race. Probably a 10k, don’t think I can go higher than 10k. Signing up for a race will push me to do something that I don’t like: running. While I love exercising and lifting weights is what I enjoy most, when it comes to cardio, I can’t avoid it enough. I hope that signing up for a run will trigger my very competitive side and will give me the motivation I need to start running as a training.
Last year I went for a run only once (this is how much I love running). I could run 4.2km in 31 minutes, so it’s not that bad.
Done. I couldn’t run a 10k as I had a knee injury in February and 10k would have been to much. But I ran a 5k race: Run or Dye. It was fun, I loved it.
4. Try a new sport. I just hope I have time. Kayaking is on the top of the list, last year we’ve bought a kayak and life jackets for us and for the dog. I also would like to try horseback riding, fencing and archery… well if I can do all of them, I can say I’m on the path to become a Knight.
Done. I tried 2 sports, kayaking and shooting. I enjoyed both a lot and I would like to do them again.
5. Write more. I don’t write as often as I would like, so I want to write more. Not every day, but more than last year.
Done. I wrote over 200 posts this year. I would like to continue in the same way next year, if I have the time.