This year I’m going to attend the BlogOn Conference in Manchester. I bought my ticket and I can’t wait for 1st May to arrive. Kara is hosting a linky for attendees and I want to join in as I think it’s a fun way to discover how is going.
1. Share a recent picture of you (if you are an anonymous blog, a drawing is fine)
This is a picture taken last month.
2. If you had to describe yourself in three words…….
caring, determined, creative
3. How long have you been blogging and what made you start?
I started my first blog many years ago to share recipes, a blog that I abandoned now. After moving to UK 4+ years ago I started this blog to keep in touch with family and friends but the focus shifted a couple of years ago. At the moment I also have a new food blog.
4. What was your favourite TV program as a child?
I don’t think I had one. I was watching a lot of cartoons, like most kids.
5. Something interesting you might not know about me is . . .
This is a hard question. I blog about things I’m willing to say online, so I have no idea if there are things I didn’t mention before in my 4+ years of blogging.
A few fun facts:
– I always had long hair, since I was 2;
– As a kid I had as pets: 1 duck, 4 mice, 1 dog, 2 parrots, 3 tortoises and a fish-tank;
– I hate jeans (I do wear them though);
– I can’t walk in flats;
– I can’t drink coffee with sugar in it, only black for me;
– My kitchen wall is decorated with the motto: “Life is short, eat dessert first”.
6. What is the weirdest food you have ever eaten?
Frog legs before becoming vegetarian.
7. What was your biggest fashion faux pas?
Walking in heels in a forest because hubby wanted to show me a lovely spot he saw a few days earlier. It’s something we laugh about.
8. What are your pet peeves?
People who scuff their feet as they walk down the street.
9. Who would be your 3 perfect dinner party guests (dead or alive) and why?
I would like to invite a friend that passed away many years ago. I would also like to invite a couple of grate-grate-grandparents to learn more about my family’s history.
10. If they made a movie of your life, what would it be about and which actor would play the part of you?
I think I had a pretty fascinating life so far, so it would be a great movie (I’m modest, I know). I’m not sure who would be best to play me.
11. If you could live in any sitcom, which one would it be?
I’m not particularly found of sitcoms, so I can’t say.
12. Name a famous person you have met
A few artists, very well know in Romania, but not so much over here. At Uni I was a volunteer with an AIDS charity and for one project I spent a couple of weeks raising awareness before concerts. So then I had the chance to meet lots of important singers and bands, it was one of the perks of that project.
13. Which social media platform best describes your personality and why?
I use Facebook a lot, but I’m not sure it describes my personality.
14. What picture do you have on lock screen on your phone / computer?
A picture that I found on internet with an old lady in a wheelchair that is looking at her shadow on the wall and she sees the reflection of a young girl in a ballgown. There is a text underneath the picture which says: “How others see you, is not important. How you see yourself means everything.”
15. How many pairs of shoes do you own?
Hubby thinks I have lots, I don’t think I have enough (20+). I blogged about my shoes, if you you want to have a look.
16. What period of time from the past would you most like to have lived?
I should have been Victorian, I already blogged about it. I like the Tudor period too.
17. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Antarctica because I love snow and to see the force of nature.
18. What is your guilty pleasure?
I don’t have any. When it comes to food, alcohol or any other things, I’m happy with my choices and I don’t feel guilty.
19. What is your favourite tipple?
I love red wine (Merlot) and Whiskey. I prefer strong drinks.
20. If you had a magic lamp and a Genie, what would be your three wishes.
I would most likely chose things that are personal and I couldn’t share.