I’ve read Kristyn’s from Chit&Giggles post about their cat and I wanted to write one about our dog. It took a few months, but I finally did it.
There is a long story of how I wanted a dog and finally got Festus, but that is the topic of another post. We got him 3 days before Christmas, a 30 pounds 3 months old puppy. This happened 5 years ago and he changed our lives incredibly.
1. We are walking every day. My husband and I are both active if we have the time. We both did P90X, P90X3, Insanity and we sometimes run. If I would have the time to train & cook & eat a lot (5-7 meals when I’m exercising), I would probably workout 7 times a week or maybe 8-9… I love it!
The problem is when I don’t have the time to train and cook. Then the walks with Festus, rain or shine, are the “workout” of the day.
2. We laugh every day. He is making us laugh, the way he sleeps with his legs on the walls or with his snore. He is watching telly and licks his muzzle when he is seeing food adds. He is wagging his tail when we talk with him, like he is responding. Each time hubby is making some DIY he is focused too and tries to sniff everything.
3. He is our “kid”. I think most pet owners will say this and it’s true for them too. We book the holidays where he can come.
4. He “influences” our important decisions. We bought the car and our home considering his needs. Maybe sounds crazy, but the size of the boot was very important. As for the house, we looked for green spaces close to us and the size of the garden. Also the fact that it’s semi-detached and we can bring him thru the back garden if we need to wash him was vital.
5. He is an important part of our family. Like all the members of the family, he has his birthdays celebrated and he gets pressies for Christmas or Easter.
I hope you liked the post and I hoped I inspired you to think or even do a post about your pet xx