I set up goals last year and it was fab, I did new things I didn’t think of, so I will set up new goals this year too. Some of them will be related to my food blog.
1. Pub of the month. Last year I did a farm of the month series and that made me visit farms, getting delicious and fresh produce. I even picked my own fruits and pumpkins. I like discovering old pubs and their stories, so this year I will visit one each month, for breakfast, lunch or dinner, or maybe just for drinks. I already made a list with pubs around us, that have an interesting history.
2. Fashion & Beauty. I don’t think I’m ever going to be a fashion or a beauty blogger, mainly because I don’t have enough things to blog about on a regular basis. That being said, I like makeup and I have a few cosmetics I use and buy regularly. I also like dressing smartly. So, not to get myself under pressure, I’ve decided to make a post about fashion and a post about beauty every other month. This way I will keep my Style section updated and so far these posts were quite popular. If I have more things to blog about regarding both fashion and beauty, I will.
3. Cake Club. I want to start Cake Club with a blogging-friend. By the end of January everything should be organized and we should be able to start. It’s so exciting to get involved into something like this, making recipes shared and developed by other bloggers, while we are helping each other.
4. Reviews. I loved doing reviews last year, so this year I will continue with at least a monthly review. I will also make reviews on my food blog. I have so many things I like that would be a shame not to share them.
5. What’s cooking. I made this monthly series last year, when I’ve included recipes and dishes I didn’t blog on my food blog. This year I’m aiming for a post every other month. This series will alternate with the other one, at no6.
6. Why series. It started by chance with Why I love Instagram and I continued with Why I love UK. Now I plan to write about other things I love, alternating with what’s cooking.
7. Social media & Pinterest. I want to keep up with social media like I did this year and maybe being even more active.
8. Update the layout of my blog. While I’m very happy with the way my blog looks, I want to change it a little bit. I’m going to keep the same colours, white and purple, but maybe I’ll have a new logo and/or banner.
9. Update the About me page 2 times. I will update the About me page. I plan to add pictures of my husband and of Festus as they are a part of what I’m writing. My husband also is a big help with the photography and the technical part of the blog. Festus doesn’t help beside posing for pictures from time to time and helps me doing reviews for dog toys or of days out with dogs.
10. 1 Photo an hour. I’ve been meaning to do a post like this for a while after seeing them made by bloggers I love. I hope that by adding it to the list I will be more inclined to do it.
Did you set up any goals this year?