I wanted to go on a short camping trip, but we want to avoid going somewhere in the weekend as it’s more crowded. We had to postpone as we had to wait for an international package. Next week is unlikely we’ll be able to go for other reasons, but next month should be better.
1. Picnic for lunch. I was thinking of a picnic in the woods or at a National Trust property. But we were busy, so I made some scones and houmous and we went to the stately home that is only a few minutes drive from us. We had lunch on the lawn and returned home to work. It was relaxing and fun and it took more or less the same amount of time of eating at home in our lunch break.
My cooking must be great, because this dog pestered us to give him some food. He was cute, but I didn’t budge one bit.
2. Ikea. I was sitting in my car, waiting for hubby and looking at a father&daughter team trying to get their flat packs into the car. As most, they assumed a flat pack is small enough to get in the car when in fact, a flat pack is only flat, not necessarily small. It reminded me when we bought our first sofa from Ikea, 8 years ago. We had a smaller car and hubby fixed the flat-packed sofa to the rooftop hoping it will stay still for an hour on our drive back home. Well, it did. We don’t have that sofa anymore, obviously, but it brought up nice memories.
3. Fairy lights. I got them from Ikea and I’m going to put them in the conservatory. It’s not the first time I’m mentioning the conservatory, but I love the way it will look. My plans with it are elaborate, so it’s only natural to take more time to make it. We have a thing called work to do every day too.
4. Gardening. This maybe makes me sound like I’m in my 80s, but I feel so relaxed when I’m planting salad and strawberries. The flower bulbs I’ve got from Harrogate Flower Show are doing fine (most of them anyway) and, hopefully, soon they will be in bloom. My raspberry bush has raspberries and I’m so happy.
5. Jars. I’m going to blog about my jars pretty soon. I bought a lot of them and I used them to organize my kitchen. I love them. I also bought some more jars and jars with handles for my smoothies.